K, E, and I all started back this week. K started middle school (6th grade), E started 2nd grade, I went around to what seemed like a bajillion school districts getting them ready for their first days of school, and now it's the long Labor Day weekend. Since it's a beautiful day, it would be great to take the munchkins to a nice New England fair...
Just an update...I did really well in my second stats class, and am a little sad not to have that professor again. This semester I'm taking SPED law that starts next week. No, I haven't done anything more to change programs. If I make a change, I want it to be a thoughtful one. There is still time, but let's see where this semester takes me...
As far as the independent study...Dr. P and I met again a week ago, but it was much too noisy to do the recordings, so another bust of a recording session. We'll try again after class one evening (oh yay, it's going to be my favorite thing in the world to do two hours of recordings after working a full day and taking a 2 1/2 hour class, sigh...but it's necessary to get it done). I can't believe I started this IS in June 2007 and still have not done the recordings yet. During lunch, Dr. P indicated that by this time next year, the IS would be completed. When I indicated I didn't think so, she said she would "push me along" (who is she kidding? I feel as though I've had to push HER along!). I don't want to be bitter, but I've still had some issues with her ignoring e-mails this summer. Sigh...I need to just see how things go then make a decision that I either suck it up and keep going or make a change.
What I just realized I didn't mention is that I met with the head of the Special Education Administration program after the last blog, and she was not encouraging about changing programs (since I didn't neatly fit into their mold - I need to try to do that better). I've also been in contact with a program at a very well-known university nearby, whose special education coordinator was very interested in talking with me. That meeting didn't take place because it was the end of the school year. It is a full-time 3 year program, however for students who are accepted, tuition is free. KnEzdad and I did the pro- and con- list (which we did as I was getting into my Master's program) and while we feel this is not the best option because it would really impact our ability to be a family, I still want to meet with the coordinator of that program. I need to set that up in October, when the New England leaves are beautiful and take a gentle afternoon to have a meeting with a famous special education author. Ahhh...there will be more to come on this subject.
I'm going to play with my girlies...have a wonderful day and happy Fall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment